Tuesday, September 13, 2011

So Happy!

Joe from Right Angle Works and his buddy Clay were back out on the job this week. They did such great work on the custom build out for the barn doors and wanted to quote me on painting the stand. I was so lucky to find these guys. Never seen a contractor and crew so professional and motivated, they were at the job site at 7am (before my chickens were up!) and had an entire team on it for 4 days - even on the weekend- making miracles happen over here.
Beee-u-ti-mous
Stained the decking and adding extra kicks to dress up the columns. Joe really got into the job and took ownership of it, which I appreciate after previous contractors had left me hanging.
A peek inside. C'mon How killer is this?? It's turned out to be everything a farm girl could dream of. :)
Truth be told, don't think the guys were too excited about my creative idea of the blackboard paint. (I got the tilted head with a - really girl?? you serious? look) lol. - well, saw it in some magazine and I couldn't help myself! But luckily they obliged and it turned out stunning, not to mention hope it will serve as the majority of the signage I will need. Apparently this chalkboard paint is very thin stuff, so it's a pain to cover. It required 4 coats at that. - 2 of the accent walls were dark chocolate and the other 2 a lighter latte. (not your mama's plain old green or black chalkboard options anymore!)
Eat your heart out Martha Stewart. Maybe it will end up in a magazine about farm stands one day...

As you can tell, I just could not be happier with the paint job, downright magical.

Well the future is calling and good news is on the horizon for next month. Booked a local singer/songwriter - Justin Clements, to shoot his music video here on the property in October- whoo hoo. He has a whole Regent University film crew behind him making it all happen so am super excited to be involved in his project.
Love to see this farm being put to great use !

p.s. To celebrate the stand completion just ordered a batch of Rent-A-Chicks for Sept. 28th. The little peepers are incubating now. 18 Easter Eggers and 18 Chocolate Eggers this time. Was such a hit back in May so this time there will be a professional photographer on hand capturing the moment when kids meet their little bundles of fluff for the first time. awww so sweet. :)

The pick-up your chick party will be held at the farm stand on the 28th.
Fun way to experience farming!! e-mail me at backbaybotanicals@yahoo.com to reserve your 3 baby chicks and I will have all the materials and supplies needed to care for them during their 2 week stay with your family!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, the paint job is amazing! The boys would totally be on the chick plan but we just put our house on the market LOL... might have to hold off on chicks during house showings hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the compliment. I like it a-lot!! you guys can't move, though lol!! although I will be sad I will be looking forward to see what kind of farming adventures you get into. hope you get some permanent chickens at the new place.

    ReplyDelete